The Jelloow team is looking for a dedicated and skilled DevOps Engineer. As a DevOps Engineer, your responsibilities will include the automation of software builds, deployment systems, and infrastructure. You will manage various development, test, staging, and demo environments (code deployment, backups, data refreshes), as well as deploy and manage software into Jelloow environments while leveraging as much automation as possible.
You will be responsible for continually advancing the technology in a collaborative and creative agile environment using many of the latest technologies and industry best practices and finding better and more efficient ways of delivering solutions that meet business objectives. You will oversee the code releases, combining an understanding of both engineering and coding. From creating and implementing systems software to analyzing data to improve existing ones, a DevOps Engineer increases productivity in the workplace. They understand the software development lifecycle and have a clear understanding of various automation tools for developing digital pipelines (CI/ CD pipelines).
- Designs, develops, maintains, documents and implements complex Jelloow Infrastructure environments.
- Maintains, extends and builds automated Continuous Improvement (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines .
- Adopts engineering best practices to deliver higher quality and scalable solutions.
- Works in an Agile environment, collaborates with Operations, Development, and QA functions to develop solutions and systems that are predisposed to scalability, security and simplified maintenance.
- Designs, develops, documents and implements complex environments for our business partners, vendors and teams.
- Builds innovative automated solutions to migrate legacy systems and processes to the cloud.
- Provides technical consultation to our business, vendors and project teams.
- Develops and documents standards and best practices, and mentors junior engineers.
- Resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, adapted to each customer’s needs.
- Integrates Systems including SQL or NoSQL, Messaging tools and Application code with operating systems and infrastructure.
- Interprets complex issues and clearly communicates them to others.
- Stays abreast of existing and emerging DevOps technologies and tools.
- Monitors official builds and drives infrastructure issues to resolution.
- Participates in release processes and contributes to tooling improvement.
- Drives each team to be self-sufficient by providing tools and training and brings different teams together to work towards common goals.
- 3+ years’ experience with Automation and Orchestration tooling/technology (Azure,AWS DevOps, Terraform, Jenkins, Git, etc.).
- Experience supporting, maintaining and monitoring data pipelines (real time & batch).
- Strong scripting skills (Powershell, Bash, Python etc.).
- Working Knowledge of XML, JSON, and Terraform HCL.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies (scrum, kanban).
- Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
- Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency.
- Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to proactively analyze for potential future issues.
- Understanding of development/coding / no coding methodologies.
- Experience with more than one coding languages (Python, Spark, Scala, R, Java, C#, etc.).
- Good understanding of Data Modeling, ETL & Data Warehousing.
- Experience with Reporting Tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Alteryx).
- Demonstrated strength in managing high performing teams.
- A builder, willing to roll up sleeves and perform some hands-on tasks where required.
04. Why Jelloow?
- The opportunity to work with a high-energy, highly collaborative team that are receptive to new ideas
- Flexibility and freedom are high. We have both a hybrid and fully remote team. We are driven by results above all else.
- We’re early enough that you can make significant contributions to the company’s success, but have enough in place already that you won’t have to create everything from scratch.
- You will work with and learn from a team that is experienced in a B2B Saas Marketing environment, a combination sure to inspire groundbreaking products and marketing campaigns.
- Your visibility will be high, with daily opportunity to share wins and learnings with the entire company.